Monday, September 12, 2011

10 Years



It seems like a lifetime ago... that heart wrenching day in our countries history.  A day that seemed to stand still.  How can something like this happen... in America?  I, like most, remember exactly where I was.  I was at work, when co-worker came in saying that a plane hit the World Trade Center.  I had no idea what he was talking about.  But I followed him into the conference room where he turned on TV and I sat at the table, with others who had just arrived to work.  We sat in disbelief, then came the 2nd plane.  I could not believe what I was seeing.  My initial thought was how could this be an accident twice in a row.  At 18 it didn't occur to me that America was under attack. Then, as if in slow motion, the first tower fell.  Filled with shock and fear, we cried over those who were inside those buildings.  I remember I sat most the day in that room, until my stepdad came to pick me up.  It was an incredibly eerie ride home.  The normally busy streets in Dallas were all but deserted.  It was almost as if one of the largest cities in America was a ghost town.  I remember the weeks following and how, for a brief time, it seemed as if the entire country was crying out to God.  Now 10 years later, we remember and continue to pray for the lives lost in this tragedy and their loved ones.  I also continue to pray for this great country and that the people of this nation will once again fix their eyes on Jesus! 

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:114

No comments:

Post a Comment